Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2020 Season

PreviousPage 43 of 54Next

My heads still spinning.

Can someone do a head count on roster spots?

Whos left the ML roster and who’s been added?

Do we have room to call someone up or are we even?

I do know we now don’t have to worry about protecting for the Rule V next offseason!

Think the 40 man is at 39 for now.

The only near term loose end on the 28 man active seems to be Altavilla (think out of options) so if the Padres keep him on the active (vs DFA) a pitcher needs to be optioned (or DFA).

Basically they have some 40 man room to get Adams off the 45 day IL when he is ready ... but adds another 28 man issue.

So some dominoes still must fall.

So we traded Naylor/Quantrill/Hedges off of ML roster and added Clevinger and Allen.

That got us back to 28?

I hope we just dfa Altavilla when Adams returns.

Makes most sense.

Quote from MrPadre19 on August 31, 2020, 8:28 am

Dodgers won’t admit it but they have to be a bit worried about all of this!

Manny is probably most happy.....remember he said Padres would win WS before the Dodgers do!

The Duds have a 5 game lead, and 7 head to head games with them left. You have to think that if Buehler is out longer than expected for his blister, and with the players that we have just got, that we can catch the Duds and have the #1 seat in the NL going into the playoffs.

I'll be happy just to make them sweat a bit and then beat them in the Playoffs!

It doesn’t help that Arizona is throwing in the towel and we’ve already finished with them while the Dodgers still get to play the depleted version.

Quote from BoosterSD on August 31, 2020, 11:39 am

Manny is probably most happy.....remember he said Padres would win WS before the Dodgers do!

The Duds have a 5 game lead, and 7 head to head games with them left. You have to think that if Buehler is out longer than expected for his blister, and with the players that we have just got, that we can catch the Duds and have the #1 seat in the NL going into the playoffs.

I had the wrong month up for the balance of the schedule. We only have 3 head to head games left with the Dudgers. Makes it more difficult to catch them.

Quote from BoosterSD on August 31, 2020, 8:49 pm
Quote from BoosterSD on August 31, 2020, 11:39 am

I had the wrong month up for the balance of the schedule. We only have 3 head to head games left with the Dudgers. Makes it more difficult to catch them.

All we have to do is take 2 of 3 from them to have them officially worried.

Also,we need to root for the Reds to get the 8 seed.....so the Dodgers have to face Bauer/Castillo/Gray in their first Series.

I am interested how the bullpen will shift out

Pom
Rosenthal
Pagan
Hill
Strahm
Williams
Adams
Guerra (out of options)
Johnson
Morejon
***Thats 15 pitchers with starters already

Still havent included Stammen, Altavilla, Baez, Patino, and Perdomo

Would anyone be surprised to see Stammen DFA and all the Latin American pitchers (Morejon/Baez/Patino/Perdomo) sent down?  Not sure

Quote from Ben Davey on September 1, 2020, 8:15 am

I am interested how the bullpen will shift out

Pom
Rosenthal
Pagan
Hill
Strahm
Williams
Adams
Guerra (out of options)
Johnson
Morejon
***Thats 15 pitchers with starters already

Still havent included Stammen, Altavilla, Baez, Patino, and Perdomo

Would anyone be surprised to see Stammen DFA and all the Latin American pitchers (Morejon/Baez/Patino/Perdomo) sent down?  Not sure

Yes please.

Onviously they have a plan or they wouldn’t have gone after Williams or had Seattle include Altavilla.

PreviousPage 43 of 54Next