Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2020 In Season Trade ideas

PreviousPage 21 of 43Next
Quote from Brian Connelly on August 29, 2020, 10:54 am
Quote from BoosterSD on August 29, 2020, 10:31 am
Quote from Randy Manese on August 28, 2020, 10:14 pm

I'm not understanding the negativity regarding Naylor.  He's hitting .281, making decent contact and has a low strikeout rate.   What has he done or not done different from any other Padre?  Is he a worse hitter than Profar or Hedges?  Has he made more errors than Grisham or Cronenworth?  Has he got picked off base 3 times like Tatis?  Why are you guys so negative about him?  He runs out balls hard and gives a good effort in the field.

He may be hitting .281, but he has terrible at bats. It seems like he misses/fouls off most of good pitches that he gets. Most of the at bats I see from him are soft, fluffly, easy outs. When I see him at the plate, I think "easy out". He has no POWER. He doesnt drive in runs. And he is a liability in the field.

At least Profar is a more professional hitter, has some power, and can play multiple position, and has some speed.

And Hedges, at least can be argued that is at the top of the league at his position defensively. And I know Hedges has 20 more ABs; however, Hedges is leading 3-0 in HRs and 5-2 in RBIs.

He hasn't gotten to play steadily.  Entire career gifted hitter, good eye.  The lack of in game power has been an issue his whole career though.  But HAVE to do something other than Profar in LF vs RHP.  Naylor's the only reasonable option.

Naylors normal position of 1B, and his possible alternate position, LF (which his is not good at, and that being generous) are both positions of power and run production. Both things Naylor stink at!! I dont care if he can hit .280. Profar is a better OFer, and can produce runs.

Naylor is no use to this team at this time. Him sitting on the bench is detrimental to team production and his development. We are no longer in a place where SD has time to develop players in the MLs. He needs to go to the alt site until he can actually provide power and run production in a game situation.

Hold your breath ... per Ken Rosenthal the Padres are nearing a deal to get Trevor Rosenthal. “Nearing” is the operational word making sound like it is going to happen.

Quote from fenn68 on August 29, 2020, 1:10 pm

Hold your breath ... per Ken Rosenthal the Padres are nearing a deal to get Trevor Rosenthal. “Nearing” is the operational word making sound like it is going to happen.

Dennis Lin is indicating he is hearing the same.

KC is in Chicago ... so a reasonable flight to Denver and go through the COVID protocols before joining the team.

Time to get greedy?

==========

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
· 1h
Per sources, add Padres to teams on Lance Lynn. Mgr Jayce Tingler knows Lynn from Rangers’ organization. Associate mgr Skip Schumaker is former STL teammate. Paddack, Richards struggling in rotation. Pads also need bullpen help. Blue Jays, White Sox among other clubs on Lynn.
============

The Padres have agreed in principle to a deal with the Royals to acquire right-handed closer Trevor Rosenthal, a source told MLB.com's AJ Cassavell on Saturday. The clubs have not confirmed the deal. The news was first reported by MLB Network insider Ken Rosenthal and The Athletic's Dennis Lin.

Sounds like only the paperwork and telling the players involved.

Next up ... who was given up?

If obtained, probably earliest can put on a Padres uniform is Monday given travel/COVID protocols.  Player to be named later?  Could be Padres gave KC a list and they have the choice to make after the season as to which player best fits.  That works best for us and KC is not going anywhere this year, so for a rental, not a bad deal.  Hope it happens (along with getting Lance Lynn!).

ESPN saying an agreement has been reached between SD and KC for Rosenthal.  Stand by!

Quote from Randy Manese on August 29, 2020, 1:30 pm

If obtained, probably earliest can put on a Padres uniform is Monday given travel/COVID protocols.  Player to be named later?  Could be Padres gave KC a list and they have the choice to make after the season as to which player best fits.  That works best for us and KC is not going anywhere this year, so for a rental, not a bad deal.  Hope it happens (along with getting Lance Lynn!).

Will be informative on the price to get a "rental" BUT clearly the best closer on the market and likely a lot of other teams in the bidding.

Might be a little more than a PTNL given the quality / competitors. Also, getting this done now vs the last moment might suggest that Preller put a good take it or leave it offer .... something better than KC envisioned they could get from anyone else even if the stretched it out.

Preller may be doing what he said ... part of the reason to build a system of quality prospects is to get to the point where the ML team is in contention and he can use the prospects to get those final key ML pieces. Allows Preller to potentially "overpay" to shut out competitive bidders.

We will get an idea when the outgoing piece(s) are announced.

Dennis Lin

12m

Edward Olivares is one prospect who will head to the Royals when the Trevor Rosenthal trade becomes official, sources tell

and me.

In addition, a player to be named later will go to the Royals in the deal, per Mark Feinsand of MLB.com.

Guessing this would be a relatively minor loss to the Padres.

Deal is official.

PreviousPage 21 of 43Next