Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2019 Playoffs

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Loved the first two games between WASH and STL ... excellent pitching neutralizing the hitters and making every AB ... every hit ... every mistake feel critical to the outcome of the game.

Time for old trite ... “good pitching beats good hitting”. (Now watch the NYY’s hitting crush the HOU pitching).

Padres need Gore - Patino - Morejon to make the progression to the elite level and combine with Paddack for a staff of “good pitching”.

Quote from fenn68 on October 12, 2019, 4:47 pm

Loved the first two games between WASH and STL ... excellent pitching neutralizing the hitters and making every AB ... every hit ... every mistake feel critical to the outcome of the game.

Time for old trite ... “good pitching beats good hitting”. (Now watch the NYY’s hitting crush the HOU pitching).

Padres need Gore - Patino - Morejon to make the progression to the elite level and combine with Paddack for a staff of “good pitching”.

All we need is Strasburg/Gore/Paddack .. That could be pretty special 1 2 3 post season rotation as early as 2020 postseason

Quote from Henry Silvestre on October 12, 2019, 5:34 pm
Quote from fenn68 on October 12, 2019, 4:47 pm

All we need is Strasburg/Gore/Paddack .. That could be pretty special 1 2 3 post season rotation as early as 2020 postseason

Paddack is already showing ace ability and attitude. If he continues his progression and one other manages to reach that level our staff can be amazing. This is the most talent I can ever remember lined up for the Padres rotation. It could remind us of the days of Peavy and Perez, with a lot more behind them in the rotation than those two ever had.

Am I the only one who was incredibly disgusted with Alex Bregman's reaction to Glasnow tipping his pitches? I mean, everyone on Earth saw the Astros signaling each other about it. It was recorded for posterity, both video and audio. Yet Bregman straight up lies to every single baseball fan, even though he had to know that everyone knew he was lying. No shame. Lie to children with no regrets. "We had no idea he was tipping pitches. We just had a really good plan at the plate." Wasn't there a time when baseball players could be idolized? A time when they would actually try to live up to the expectations of the fans? And I thought he was supposed to be one of the truly good people in baseball. Seriously, is it just me or does this bother anyone else?

Is Bregman the player who scored, then on his way to the dugout, stops the next hitter, and with great animation, tells what we all know now is that Glasnow was tipping off his pitches? And then tells reporters " we just had good at bats"?

If so, then yes. Admit it for Christ sakes! Nothing wrong with saying you'd studied the oppositions pitchers and picked up a tell. Actually should be rewarded for being so dilligent. It's win or go home time - anything goes.

Quote from JasonE135 on October 12, 2019, 10:36 pm

Am I the only one who was incredibly disgusted with Alex Bregman's reaction to Glasnow tipping his pitches? I mean, everyone on Earth saw the Astros signaling each other about it. It was recorded for posterity, both video and audio. Yet Bregman straight up lies to every single baseball fan, even though he had to know that everyone knew he was lying. No shame. Lie to children with no regrets. "We had no idea he was tipping pitches. We just had a really good plan at the plate." Wasn't there a time when baseball players could be idolized? A time when they would actually try to live up to the expectations of the fans? And I thought he was supposed to be one of the truly good people in baseball. Seriously, is it just me or does this bother anyone else?

It doesnt bother me in the slightest. Why would you go on air and tell the opposing pitcher he was tipping his pitches, when you have to face him again at some time. Why not let Glasnow figure that out on his own, and if he doesnt, then you own him the next time too.

So lying is okay? Everyone knew he was lying. It was all over the TV. But he just did it because...why? I didn't realize that I am so old I am out of touch. I expected that people who are set up to be idolized by children should avoid an obvious lie out there for the world to see. Maybe I was spoiled by Tony Gwynn.

Yes its lying, but not in the sense that you cheated on your wife and then told her you didnt. That was gamesmanship, and if you dont think T Gwynn did those little gamesmanship things as well, I think you are fooling yourself. There are so many more important things to get bent over than whether or not Bregman didnt want to go on air and say the other guy was tipping pitches and gave him and his team mates credit for good at bats.

Exaclty, I remember a Dbacks hitter I think it was Connor Jackson not sure, but he said something about Peavy and how or why at the moment he was able to hit pretty good against him, a few players and commentors were kind of upset with him, because in mlb you have to keep those think to yourself otherwise is bad taste, kind of a "breaking" an unwritten rule type of situation

The Astros are everything I wish the Padres could become. In all my years of Playing, Coaching and just plain watching as a fan I just love this game of baseball.

If you didn't like game 6 of the ALCS then you will never ever like this great game.

Scherzer vs Verlander....Old teammates from their Detroit Tiger days

Cole vs Strasburg.......Damn that is some serious heat and wicked fall off the table breaking balls

Washington vs Houston.........OH DOCTOR !

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next