Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2019 Playoffs

PreviousPage 4 of 4

Love this matchup because of the pitching.

Gotta give the Stros the nod due to their far superior offense....but pitching should dominate so anything could happen.

As a lifetime NL guy and fan of the underdog I’ll be rooting for the Trophy to come to the Capital for the first time ever.

It also makes a fun story regarding Bryce Harper.😂

Been loving the playoffs this season ... seeing quality pitching from the stars and hard earned runs from the offense. None of the “slow pitch softball style games” that dominated the regular season.

Love that the two record setting HR teams (MINN and NYY) got bumped and the top pitching teams rose to the top.

To paraphrase the old golf line: HR for show ... pitch for dough!

Might give the Padres incentive to make their primary winter objective that top of the rotation arm(s) and make secondary the offense. Actually there also has been a lot of bat on ball hitting (not as K dominate) ... might lower the value of a Renfroe, Hedges, Myers in the Padres minds.

Teams do follow the image of the winners ...

Looks like this could finally be the Nats year! They have been so close for so long, it would be nice to see them win it. Would be very happy for Strasburg. Very unhappy for our Padres who have been waiting far longer. Best outcome would be Strasburg coming home and bringing the Pads a WS victory. Dare to dream.

Quote from JasonE135 on October 23, 2019, 7:51 pm

Looks like this could finally be the Nats year! They have been so close for so long, it would be nice to see them win it. Would be very happy for Strasburg. Very unhappy for our Padres who have been waiting far longer. Best outcome would be Strasburg coming home and bringing the Pads a WS victory. Dare to dream.

Nah Nats technically have been waiting longer.. 1937 Washington Senators.. I know I know you are going by Expos...

PreviousPage 4 of 4