Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2021 Season

PreviousPage 2 of 114Next
Quote from MrPadre19 on January 19, 2021, 12:44 pm

I am ALWAYS excited to hear those words "Pitchers and Catchers report" but never as much as this season.

I'll be interested to see what type of audience participation,if any,there is this year in Az.

It was my intentions of travelling out West for ST this year.....but,because of Covid that ain't happening.

Even if fans are allowed my Mother is 84....I'm not gonna be around her during all this.

So.....2022 it is!

No matter what I'll b ethere....so anyone who wants to meet up let me know.I'd love to have 5-10 of us out there at the same time.

It would probably be a couple days before Spring training games start as I like to hang out just for practice a couple times and not just attend games.

2022 ST could be amazing!

Im here every year Mr.P as I live in Peoria a mere 5 minutes from the ST complex. So my internet friend, you let me know when you are at a game and I WILL be there. Would love to buy you a beer and meet you in person, and chat winning Padre baseball!!

MrPadre19 has reacted to this post.
MrPadre19
Quote from BoosterSD on January 19, 2021, 1:16 pm

I am ALWAYS excited to hear those words "Pitchers and Catchers report" but never as much as this season.

I'll be interested to see what type of audience participation,if any,there is this year in Az.

It was my intentions of travelling out West for ST this year.....but,because of Covid that ain't happening.

Even if fans are allowed my Mother is 84....I'm not gonna be around her during all this.

So.....2022 it is!

No matter what I'll b ethere....so anyone who wants to meet up let me know.I'd love to have 5-10 of us out there at the same time.

It would probably be a couple days before Spring training games start as I like to hang out just for practice a couple times and not just attend games.

Im here every year Mr.P as I live in Peoria a mere 5 minutes from the ST complex. So my internet friend, you let me know when you are at a game and I WILL be there. Would love to buy you a beer and meet you in person, and chat winning Padre baseball!!

Damn straight...and it will happen.

My Mom lives in Sun City and it's been a couple years since I've seen her and my oldest Son hasn't seen her in much longer.

So he will be coming with me.

Maybe we can talk about how winning our first Championship was so great in 2021?

Quote from MrPadre19 on January 19, 2021, 1:20 pm
Quote from BoosterSD on January 19, 2021, 1:16 pm

So.....2022 it is!

Damn straight...and it will happen.

My Mom lives in Sun City and it's been a couple years since I've seen her and my oldest Son hasn't seen her in much longer.

So he will be coming with me.

Maybe we can talk about how winning our first Championship was so great in 2021?

That would be AWESOME!!

Bring your sticks, and we can hit the links as well.

Has the size of the rosters been decided yet between MLB and the players union?

I've heard we're back to 26 with no more than 13 pitchers on the roster.

Quote from Randy Manese on January 22, 2021, 2:53 pm

I've heard we're back to 26 with no more than 13 pitchers on the roster.

That is my current understanding ... 13 position players ... 13 pitchers.

Well, now that they have both Kim and Profar, they aren't signing another infielder. That's 6, two catchers, that's 8, they already have 4 outfielders, that's twelve. One more spot? Back up centerfielder?

Quote from hoffy51 on January 22, 2021, 5:13 pm

Well, now that they have both Kim and Profar, they aren't signing another infielder. That's 6, two catchers, that's 8, they already have 4 outfielders, that's twelve. One more spot? Back up centerfielder?

Well if they count O’Grady and Mateo they are right at 13 position players (not considering Campusano, Marcano, or Ona.

So, more of a question of where is the upgrade and who do they bump .... O’Grady or Mateo?

February is coming soon . . . that means pitchers and catchers will report soon . . . can't wait!

Mateo had a decent winter league season in the Dominican but it was only 75 plate appearances - he still struck out 20% of the time but had an 844 OPS playing exclusively shortstop.  I think O'Grady is very underrated and has more value as true OF/power possibility than Mateo although Mateo has superior speed.  Don't think this will be resolved until well into spring training unless Preller packages Mateo and a reliever or two to clear the roster for that last bench spot.  My guess is a RH hitting CF type that won't cost an arm and a leg.

PreviousPage 2 of 114Next