Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2026 Post Season

The post season is here.

The Padres, for a change, will not have to face the Dodgers in the divisional round.

In the WC round, the Phillies play in Atlanta. The Phillies swept the season series from the Padres and have a 4-3 season record over the Braves and a 4-game sweep of the Braves at Petco. I will be rooting for the Braves to win and to beat the Dodgers in the Divisional round.

The Padres vs the Cubs is a rematch from last season. This time at Petco Park. PCA needs to be shut down.

If the Padres win, they will play the Brewers in the divisional round. The Padres have a 4-2 season record over the Brewers including sweeping them at Petco. I certainly don't want to see the Dodgers again. Had enough of them during the regular season.

The last time the Padres played the Braves in the NLCS was in 1998 when they swept them.

If the Padres make it to the World Series, I predict they will play the Rays.

Acee and Lin are both saying that Musgrove might be a possibility for the playoffs. I'll believe it when I see it. Even if he is ready to go I would be nervous about throwing a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years into the mix.

fenn68 has reacted to this post.
fenn68

He will probably work in relief.

Quote from ultratvfan on September 28, 2026, 9:33 am

He will probably work in relief.

I would not want Musgrove on the roster. He is an unknown quantity and I am a backer of the horses that got us here.

fenn68 has reacted to this post.
fenn68

Musgrove has not pitched in the ML for two years ... only "brief" rehab work this year and that ended with continuing elbow problems. I can't understand why he is even up for discussion. Even if his elbow is "fine" virtually no chance he has the command / stuff to be used in a critical playoff situation.

In a 3 game series, might opt for 12 pitchers and carry the extra bat. Drop Song and Canning and go with those who got you here. I know some worry about the number of pitches Vasquez used yesterday but give him a couple off days and he could still deliver a key inning in game 2 or 3. Ray would still be around to give innings if needed (doubt Musgrove can go long).

Did hear a discussion that suggested they drop Buehler for the WC roster or used in the pen (he had be hit hard by the Cubs) and go with Ray for game 3 if needed (he had a good game vs the Cubs). That too makes little sense to me give how hard Ray has been hit with the Padres ... believing he will return to his form in SF is a big gamble.

 

Quote from lafnboy13 on September 28, 2026, 10:15 am
Quote from ultratvfan on September 28, 2026, 9:33 am

He will probably work in relief.

I would not want Musgrove on the roster. He is an unknown quantity and I am a backer of the horses that got us here.

Joe said this himself so I have to assume if he's on the roster there is a good reason

 

Love the bracket so if we face the dodgers it will be for the right to go to the Series.

I'll put it out there right now if we make the Series and it's against the Rays I'm going to at least one game in Tampa

Wil have to sell some baseball cards but it will be worth it.

 

 

Read a Fangraph's piece about Musgrove's rehab outing in AZ instructs a day or so ago ... apparently impressed with a mid 90s FB, good breaking ball going an inning+. "Maybe" that is the catalyst that gets him on the roster ... as a short stint RP.

Note Giolito had a "good" 3 inning rehab.