Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2021 Hopes and Predictions

Other than a World Series Championship that we ALL want...what are some things you would "like" to see happen in 2021?

Also...if you want to put it out there, what are some actual predictions for the team or individual players?

For me I hope for these 3 things first(along with many others of course)

1.Win the NL West Division

2.Padres get their first No Hitter

3.Tatis goes 30-30

If they do get a no hitter, you know it will 95% chance be a bullpen no hitter. I cant see Tingler letting anyone go 9 innings this season.

Unfortunately you’re probably right.
Sure don’t want our first/only one to be a combined.

Maybe it will be later in the season and the Starter will be extremely efficient?

😉

I'm seeing 90+ wins ... and hoping for more ...

I'm seeing the top 3 in the rotation being solid all year ... and hoping that the other 2 spots are good enough that we can go 6-man when needed!

I want to see Kim settle in and be an average or better major leaguer for the life of his contract ...

I hope Gore has success for a month or 2 in the minors and can come up and contribute to a deep run in the post-season!

I expect CJ Abrams to develop A LOT ... and take a place in the Padres' CF for years to come!

MrPadre19 has reacted to this post.
MrPadre19

I hope I'm wrong, but I predict that Chris Paddock, errr, the Sheriff, errr Barney Fife, won't make it through the year as a starter.

LynchMob has reacted to this post.
LynchMob

I am just hoping for a couple breakout performances. I hope Marcano can continue to hit and prove that he can take over 1 of the corner OF spots next year and provide quality. I want 1 or 2 of our young starters to prove themselves to be quality starters. Whether that is Paddack regaining the magic of his rookie year or Morejon, Weathers or Gore to seize 1 or 2 of our rotation spots.

I have been waiting for the Padres first no-hitter forever! From anyone. 30-30 for Tatis and/or 20-20 for Grisham. A healthy pitching staff for the playoffs.

MrPadre19 has reacted to this post.
MrPadre19
Quote from MrPadre19 on March 8, 2021, 1:30 pm

Other than a World Series Championship that we ALL want...what are some things you would "like" to see happen in 2021?

Also...if you want to put it out there, what are some actual predictions for the team or individual players?

For me I hope for these 3 things first(along with many others of course)

1.Win the NL West Division

2.Padres get their first No Hitter

3.Tatis goes 30-30

Well......we got #2 already!

#3 is in jeopardy but I’ll settle for 2 out of 3 eh?

😉

good call on no hitter

Quote from MrPadre19 on March 10, 2021, 2:51 pm

Maybe it will be later in the season and the Starter will be extremely efficient?

😉

Well it wasnt, I was wrong. It was because Musgrove was really economical in his pitches tonight. He gave lots of credit to Caratini in a post game interview.

Hopefully Paddack learned something about the value of a 3rd pitch tonight.

Quote from MrPadre19 on March 10, 2021, 2:51 pm

😉

Okay, just watched a replay of the 9th.

I've got bloody GOOSEBUMPS!!!

This is still hard to believe.....

MUSGROVE!!!!!!!!!!!